The Department of International Law was established in 1992 at the Faculty of Law. In 1995, following the establishment of the Faculty of International Relations the Department of International Law became a part of this Faculty. In September 2000 the Department of International Law was divided into two separate Departments: the Department of International Law and the Department of International Private and European Law.
Heads of the Department of International Law: Ludmila Pavlova, Candidate of Science (Law), Professor (May 1992 — August 2003); Yury Lepeshkov, Candidate of Science (Law), Associate Professor (September 2003 - Present).
The Department trains students of the Faculty of International Relations on the following specialties: 1-24 01 01 "International Law"; 1-23 01 01 "International Relations"; 1-23 01 03 "Oriental Languages and Country Studies"; 1-96 01 01 "Customs Affairs" and at the Faculty o Law (specialties 1-24 01 02 "Legal Science", 1-24 01 03 "Economic Law", 1-23 01 06 "Political Science").
The Department is in charge for graduating students majoring in International Law and provides major courses for specializations "International Public Law" and "European Law".
At the Department the students' club "International Law House" has been created.
Professors Yury Brovka, Ludmila Pavlova are members of the Scientific and Methodological Council of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus. Professor Ludmila Pavlova is also a member of the Legal Advisory Council of the President of the Republic of Belarus, and a member of Scientific Advisory Council of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Belarus. Professor Ludmila Pavlova is also a member of editorial boards of scientific journals "Moscow Journal of International Law", "Journal of International Law and International Relations".
The Department actively co-operates with state authorities and institutions of Belarus in the process of legal research.
The Department has close scientific contacts with the Institute of Legal Studies of the National centre of Legislation and Legal Studies of the Republic of Belarus, created as a result of the organizational change of the National Centre of Legislative Drafting Activities under the Aegis of the President of the Republic of Belarus by joining the Institute of State and Law of National Academy of Science of Belarus.
The Department keeps contacts with the departments of Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University) of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg University of Economics and Finances, co-operates with the Russian Association of International Law (Moscow), Moscow Regional Delegation of IRCC, offices of the United Nations, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and UNICEF in Belarus, Economic Court of CIS (Minsk), the Faculty of Law of Dusseldorf Heine University, OSCE office in Minsk, has contacts with Raoul Wallenberg Institute (Sweden), conducts negotiations with Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (CDAF).
Adress: 20 - room 509, Leningradskaya str., Minsk, 220030, Belarus
Scientific and Methodical Activities
Students' Club International Law House
- History of State and Law of Foreign States
- Constitutional Law of the Republic of Belarus
- Constitutional Law of Foreign States
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Public Law
- International Law
- International Environmental Law
- Human Rights Law
- Law-Making Process
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- European Human Rights Law
- International Treaties and Their Implementation into National Legislation
- International Protection of the Rights of the Child
- Belarus International Law-Making Activities
- International Legal Cooperation of States in Fighting Terrorism
- International Non-Governmental Organizations
- Unilateral Acts in International Law
- Responsibility in International Law
- International Legal Regulation of Collective Security
- Refugee Law
- Legal Regulation on Interstate Integration on the Post-soviet Area
- Legal Regulation of the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice in the European Union
- Legal Mechanism of the Council of Europe
- Foreign Relations Law of the European Union
- Ekaterina Deykalo — Head of the Department, Candidate of Science (Law), Associate Professor
- Yury Brovka — Doctor of Science (Law), Professor
- Ludmila Pavlova — Candidate of Science (Law), Professor
- Alexander Vashkevich — Candidate of Science (Law), Associate Professor
- Alena Douhan — Candidate of Science (Law), Associate Professor
- Alla Zybailo — Candidate of Science (Law), Associate Professor
- Elena Konnova — Candidate of Science (Law), Associate professor
- Andrey Velichkovsky — Candidate of Science (Law), Senior Lecturer
- Tatiana Pavlova — Candidate of Science (History), Associate Professor
- Oleg Starovoitov — Candidate of Science (Law), Associate Professor
- Tatiana Siagrovets — Candidate of Science (Law), Associate Professor
- Ekaterina Kuznetsova — Senior Lecturer
- Yury Lepeshkov — Candidate of Science (Law), Associate Professor
- Natalia Kasianenko — Senior Lecturer
- Larisa Lukina — Senior Lecturer
- Tatiana Pehota — Senior Lecturer
- Elena Konnova — Associate professor
- Dzmitry Loisha — Senior Lecturer
- Olga Pushkina — Leading Department Assistant